Hello to anyone bored enough to read my thoughts. It's been a good two weeks since I began this blog, and I've been hesitant to do a post without pictures, so I haven't. I have no new pictures because they're all on Zach's Mac. As I cannot even hook the DVD player up to the TV and get both sound and picture, I feel I have no right to even begin trying to transfer pictures from his Mac to my desktop. I hate not putting pictures with a post because I know how much I enjoy looking at everyone else's pictures.
Anyhoo..It's been busy for the Waters' lately (no duh! say the people who live near us) as it always seems to be. I just sat through 2 days of non-stop RD training and am turning around to begin training my RA's this weekend. Zach is fast-approaching Welcome Week, which is translated in our home as Week Without Daddy. I am so grateful that Zach loves his job enough to immerse himself in it sometimes, but I am (unfortunately) still too selfish to be grateful without being covetous of his time also (boo for me :(
On a strange segway away from my life, how 'bout the Olympics?!! I can't get enough of the swimming. It's so exciting. It reminds me of my sad days on swim team and how had I raced one of these guys I'd have been lapped nearly 10 times before I completed the race. I get a strangely knotted up feeling as I am watching the unfortunate few selected for the 400 meter individual medley. Have no doubt, I was not a fast or successful member of my swim team, but was still forced to do the IM and I couldn't get out of the pool without being drug out by my arms when I had finished the race. Funny what we (I) think about when our minds are allowed to wander.
So, I am also thinking about the possibility of being a teacher next fall, since I have the stinking degree to do so. With Zach more than likely going to seminary next fall, I'll be needing to be a sugar momma for a while. I just don't know who's going to hire a 30 year old teacher with a master's degree and not a day of post-graduation teaching experience. Hopefully, the Lord will be gracious to me despite the lack of experience.
3 comments:
Erin, I just love reading your posts. Sad to say I feel like I learn more about you from this than I do in person. We are too busy these days and we need to take some time to enjoy our friends. Because one day we will all move away.
Erin, get some pics on this blog going!!! Brody and Colton want to see their girlfriends:) I hope you all are doing well and not too busy. We are missing you guys. Let's work on a weekend to get together with you guys! What does the 1st weekend in October look like for you all? Jason's tournament is that weekend so we'll be here watching soccer. Let me know!
I'm bored enough to read your thoughts and I want more of 'em! I love how you just put yourself out there...that's the Erin Waters that I miss. Hope you all are doing well.
Post a Comment