Thursday, May 6, 2010

Some pictures of the last 2 weeks

The last two weeks have been fast and slow all at the same time. When you are sleep deprived, that is just the way it goes. Noah had already surpassed his birth weight at his 2 week check up, but has slowed down a bit on weight gain. I would love for him to have gotten to 7 lbs already, but we'll see what happens. He is a good baby, sleeping much of the time and only keeping us up for bits of the night every few days. If you will pray for him, we are hoping he won't have Pyloric Stenosis, which is a hereditary thing (google it). Zach did not have it, but his dad did and it is commonly passed down through generations in white, firstborn males. We would know for sure if he had it when he hits three weeks old (this Sunday). If he had pyloric stenosis, it would require surgery, which would knock me for a loop. He has had a few major barfing sessions, but we are praying it is just a fluke. Here are some pics from the last two weeks:


Noah at two weeks
The big sisters with Noah at just over 1 week


Noah at 1 week old


First time Sydney got to hold Noah




Brynley holding Noah





Leaving the hospital...note all the gray.




1 comment:

Megan said...

I think my sister Jen had pyloric stenosis when she was little. I don't remember the term (but I was 7 then so I probably didn't really care that much) but I do remember she wasn't gaining weight, throwing up a lot, and the doctors at Children's Mercy in KC thought she had cystic fibrosis at first! (which seems so much worse!) I hope he doesn't have it...but I guess it could be worse too. Anyway, you know Jen turned out okay... :)

Page layout